Adhesion promotion with nanotechnology – N-Bond
N-Bond-UV-Primer is the latest technologies to enable UV inkjet inks to obtain superior adhesion on difficult-to adhere surfaces, such as glass and ceramics.
The use of N-Bond for the adhesion promotion of organic inks and paint to glass and metal, is a real innovation for the flatbed inkjet printing of UV curable inks. Nanovations N-Bond adhesion promotion technology is significant thinner than traditional primer systems. The result is invisible and extremely cost effective adhesion promotion technology. N-Bond is fast drying and can be printed on within 10 – 15 minutes , up to 24 hours after the application. On toughened glass and ceramic it is recommended to extend the curing time. A easy way to evaluate the best curing time for the ink in use is a simple cross hatch test between 10 minutes , 30 minutes , 12 hours and 24 hours. For details refer technical data sheet.
Unlike conventional technology N-Bond is reacting with the glass , and is forming molecular bonding points for the organic inks to adhere to. With N-Bond any standard UV- ink can be used for the printing on the glass and ceramic. N-Bond can be simply integrated in the surface preparation process. N-Bond was developed in cooperation with leading product suppliers from the glass and printing industry.
Product Features & Specifications
- Developed especially for UV – ink and glass
- Ultra-thin , true nano-scale final layer
- Cures at room temperature without UV
- For durable moisture and water resistant ink layers
- Fast cross linking with the substrate.
- Permanent bond
- Mono-layer technology – not film building
- Reduced need for chemicals to prepare glass
- Simple spray and wipe on application
- Streak free, crystal clear finish